The Agile Scrum Master Workshop is designed to give students a solid understanding of the Scrum concepts and best practices. In this hands-on workshop, students participate in a series of simulations adopting an agile mindset and learning and employing Scrum practices throughout the life of a development project.
In this course students enhance their ability to develop and deliver high-quality products to your customers and apply Scrum concepts to your organization. With the practical application of Agile methodologies through hands-on projects on JIRA, students will be able to maximize business value while mitigating potential risks.
Students can also purchase a voucher to sit for the Scrum.org Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) certification exam.
1 - SCRUM OVERVIEW
- Agile Overview
- Agile Manifesto
- Agile Principles
- Agile Methods
- Scrum Overview
- Scrum Advantages
- SCRUM Events and Artifacts
2 - SCRUM ROLES
- Core Roles
- Non-core Roles
- Product Owner
- Scrum Master
- Scrum Team
3 - SCRUM PROJECT PHASES
- Plan and Estimate
- Review and Retrospect
- Inputs, Tools, and Outputs for each process in each phase
4 - SCALING SCRUM
- Scalability of Scrum
- Scrum in Programs and Portfolios
- Scrum of Scrums (SoS) Meeting
- Transition to Scrum
- Mapping Traditional Roles to Scrum
- Maintaining Stakeholder Involvement
- Importance of Executive Support
- Adopting Agile
This course will enable you to:
- Understand Scrum terminology and concepts
- Facilitate daily scrums, user stories, sprint planning, and sprint reviews
- Produce different Scrum artifacts, including the product backlog, sprint backlog, finished deliverables, and the definition of done
- Gain comfort with a Scrum Master role
- Learn to setup and handle projects on a JIRA cloud site
- Pass the scrum.org Professional Scrum Master I exaM
- Apply Scrum best practices critical for getting the maximum value from the Scrum methodology
This class is suitable for anyone practicing or looking to practice the art of the Scrum Master but is also highly valuable for anyone involved in Scrum (Managers, Team Members, Product Managers, etc.).
While no experience is necessary, attendees should have some familiarity with Scrum practices.