The ITIL Managing Professional Transition (MPT) course provides qualified professionals with a fast-track way to obtain what will soon become one of the most desired IT designations, the ITIL Managing Professional. The ITIL 4 Managing Professional transition module is designed to allow ITIL v3 candidates who have already invested to easily transition across to ITIL 4. They can gain the designation of ITIL 4 Managing Professional via one course and one exam. To take the transition module, all candidates must be at Expert level or have a minimum of 17 or more credits in the ITIL v3 scheme.
ITIL 4 Foundation is NOT a prerequisite. However, the Foundation course provides exposure to concepts and practices which aren't covered in MPT. Also, by attending Foundation, learners get early exposure to concepts which are covered (e.g., key foundation ITIL 4 concepts such as the Service Value System), allowing them to focus on what's new beyond Foundation (e.g., concepts related to driving stakeholder value and high velocity IT) while attending the MPT class.
Project Management Professionals earn 30 contact hours or PDUs upon completion of this course.
- Concepts of service management
- ITIL guiding principles
- Activities of the service value chain
- Build service value stream
- Create and support services
- Foster stakeholder relationship
- Change management
This five (5) day course provides a holistic look at key concepts, principles and methods that IT practitioners working in organizations where IT makes a strategic difference need to understand.
Attendees acquire an understanding of:
- How key ITIL v3 concepts (e.g., the service lifecycle, processes, functions) have evolved in ITIL 4
- Key ITIL 4 concepts such as the Service Value System and its components: guiding principles, governance, the Service Value Chain, practices and continual improvement
- Key concepts from each of the ITIL 4 IT Specialist courses:
- Create, Deliver & Support
- Drive Stakeholder Value
- High Velocity IT
- Key concepts from the universal ITIL 4 IT Strategist course:
- Direct, Plan and Improve
- New ways of thinking and working that enable IT professionals to successfully navigate the modern digital world