As companies deploy code faster and more often than ever, new vulnerabilities are also accelerating. When the boss says, “Do more with less”, DevOps practices adds business and security value as an integral, strategic component. Delivering development, security, and operations at the speed of business should be an essential component for any modern enterprise.
This course explains how DevOps security practices differ from other approaches then delivers the education needed to apply changes to your organization. Participants learn the purpose, benefits, concepts, vocabulary and applications of DevSecOps. Most importantly, students learn how DevSecOps roles fit with a DevOps culture and organization. At the course’s end, participants will understand “security as code” to make security and compliance value consumable as a service.
This course is designed for anyone interested in learning about DevSecOps practices, including Security, Testing, Engineers, etc.
- DevOps Foundation Review
- Why DevSecOps?
- Culture and Management
- Strategic Considerations
- General Security Considerations
- IAM: Identity and Access Management
- Application Security
- Operational Security
- GRC and Audit
- Logging, Monitoring and Response
- The purpose, benefits, concepts and vocabulary of DevSecOps
- How DevOps security practices differ from other security approaches
- Business-driven security strategies and Best Practices
- Understanding and applying data and security sciences
- Integrating corporate stakeholders into DevSecOps Practices
- Enhancing communication between Dev, Sec, and Ops teams
- How DevSecOps roles fit with a DevOps culture and organization
PrerequisitesDevOps Foundation training or equivalent experience is recommended but not required.
Duration18 Hours | 3 Days or 6 Nights
*Academic Unit eligibility to be determined by college/university in which you are enrolled in a degree seeking program.