This two day class is designed for information workers or power users who serve as SharePoint Site Owners or Site Collection Administrators. Students should take this course if they need to know how to manage the team collaboration, document management and social features of Microsoft SharePoint 2013. This class is an excellent prerequisite for IT Professionals who work as SharePoint Server Administrators attending 20331: Core Solutions of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013. This class can be delivered using Site Collections on an in-house server, virtual machines or Office 365.
This course is intended for…
- SharePoint Site Owners
- SharePoint Site Collection Administrators
- SharePoint Administrators and Developers
Module 1: The Role of the Site Owner
This module provides an introduction to the topics covered in the class, introduces SharePoint terminology and gets a start in navigation.
Module 2: Users, Groups and Permissions
This module covers the management of SharePoint users and user security.
Module 3: Site and Site Collection Features
This module covers the use of SharePoint Features to add and remove functionality.
Module 4: Managing Sites and Pages
This module covers the creation and management of SharePoint sites and pages.
Module 5: Working with Lists and Libraries
This module covers the use of SharePoint lists and libraries.
Module 6: Document Management
This module explorers the document management features of libraries.
Module 7: SharePoint Workflows
This module provides an overview of the SharePoint 2013 workflow features.
Module 8: Monitoring SharePoint Activity
This module covers the use of SharePoint activity reports.
Module 9: SharePoint Apps (Optional)
This module provides explores SharePoint 2013 Apps
Module 10: The SharePoint Community Site (Optional)
This module covers the use of the SharePoint 2013 Community Site.
- Manage Sites and Site Collections
- Add users and groups and manage site, list, folder and item security
- Add and configure web parts
- Configure site options including theme, title, description and icon
- Configure site navigation
- View site activity reports
- Customize lists and libraries
- Work with Site Columns and Site Content Types
- Configure Check out/in, Content Approval and Versioning
- Create and modify pages and web part pages