Business Process Improvement (BPI) is a systematic approach for optimizing an organization's underlying processes. In this course learn what BPI is and how to develop strategies for identifying potential improvements, gaining buy-in from process owners, and developing process change strategies. The course discusses a framework for improving process and defines process improvement concepts and techniques. Lastly, discuss how to effectively introduce process changes.
- What is Business Process Improvement (BPI)?
- Why focus on BPI
- Areas of Opportunity
- BPI Methodologies
- International Standard Organization (ISO)
- Total Quality Management (TQM)
- Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI)
- Six Sigma
- The Roadmap – Ten Simple Steps
- Develop the Process Inventory
- Establish the Foundation
- Draw the Process Map
- Estimate Time and Cost
- Verify the Process Map
- Apply Improvement Techniques
- Create Internal Controls, Tools and Metrics
- Test and Rework
- Implement the Change
- Drive Continuous Improvement
- Create the Executive Summary
- Project Focus
- Key findings
There are no prerequisites for this course.
12 Hours | 2 Days or 4 Nights
*Academic Unit eligibility to be determined by college/university in which you are enrolled in a degree seeking program.