The purpose of the Release, Control & Validation certification course is to impart, test, and validate the candidate’s knowledge on management principles, techniques, processes and their relationships, for the effective implementation of new or changed services into the live environment. The course is intended to enable the holders of the certificate to apply RCV principles in the following key processes: Change Management, Release & Deployment Management, Service Validation & Testing, Service Asset & Configuration Management, Knowledge Management, Request Fulfillment, and Change Evaluation.
- Individuals who require a deep understanding of the Release, Control and Validation processes and how they may be used to enhance the quality of IT service support within an organization.
- IT professionals who are working within an organization that has adopted and adapted ITIL and who need to be informed about, and thereafter contribute to, an ongoing service improvement program.
- Eight (8) multiple choice questions
- Gradient-scored questions
- Length of test: 90 minutes
- Pass score is 70% or better is required to pass
The ITIL Foundation Certification in IT Service Management is a prerequisite to taking this class. Proof of certification must be provided a minimum of 2 weeks prior to the start of class.