In this workshop students will learn how to create and support dynamic Excel charts and reports and build Excel dashboards. Topics include connecting to data, pivot table and pivot charts, database functions, advanced functions, named and dynamic ranges, dynamic charting, selecting the best chart and how to put it all together in a dashboard.
- Building a Dashboard using Excel, Overview
- Connecting to Data
- Communicating with External Databases
- Importing Data: Flat Files
- Importing Data: Pivot Tables
- Excel Functions
- Database Functions
- Lookup Functions
- Math Functions
- PivotTable Functions
- Named Ranges
- Building Charts
- Types of Charts and best uses
- How to build Static Charts using Excel
- How to build Dynamic Charts using Excel
- Dynamic Ranges and the Functions used
- PivotTables and PivotCharts
- Building a Dashboard – Putting It All Together
- Macros, to Speed Up Repetitive Tasks
This course is delivered in Excel 2013 but is relevant for Excel 2010 users also.
There are no prerequisites for this course but students should be experienced Excel users.
12 Hours | 2 Days or 4 Nights