Course DescriptionThis certificate is designed for those who are new to the Data Analyst I Role or for those who would like to pursue this role. A data analyst collects and stores data on sales numbers, market research, logistics, linguistics, or other behaviors. They bring technical expertise to ensure the quality and accuracy of the data and then process, design and present it in ways to help people, businesses and organizations make better decisions.
12 Hours | 1.2 CEUs | $1,495
- Data analytics has taken the world by a storm. Data analytics helps obtain some insight from collected data. People use data analytics to improve their businesses and their lives. A data analyst collects and stores data on sales numbers, market research, logistics, linguistics, or other behaviors. They bring technical expertise to ensure the quality and accuracy of that data, then process, design and present it in ways to help people, businesses, and organizations make better decisions. The role of the data analyst requires the right technical as well as strategic and critical thinking skills to effectively problem-solve and communication skills to communicate data insights.
12 Hours | 1.2 CEUs | $1,275
- Tableau has emerged as a leader in data visualization. Tableau users have the ability to use data analytics to turn massive amounts of data into visualizations that can be seen and understood. Tableau’s Data Engine has the ability to translate actions into ad hoc queries and graphically express the responses very quickly. In this course students learn to connect to data, navigate the Tableau interface, build and format visualizations, and build interactive dashboards. Other topics include Tableau Architecture, Filters, Graphs, Maps, Table Calculations, and Aggregating data.
18 Hours | 1.8 CEUs | $1,995
- Python is a dynamic, strongly typed, object-oriented, multipurpose scripting language for the web. In this hands-on course students first learn the basics of writing and running Python scripts and then move into more advanced topics like file operations, regular expressions, working with binary data, and how to use Python modules. Topics include basic Python language components, the IDLE environment, control flow constructs, strings, I/O, collections, classes, modules, and regular expressions.
18 Hours | 1.8 CEUs | $1,695
- In this course students learn to use Management Studio and build basic and advanced Structured Query Language (SQL) statements to retrieve and update data in a database. Topics include how to use Management Studio, retrieving data from one or more tables, Joins, Subqueries, Insert, Update and Delete, Data Types, and SQL Server Functions. SQL DDL commands for creating databases, tables, indexes and views are also covered. Special emphasis is given to Functions, Joins, and Subqueries. Management Studio and its capabilities and tools are also explored.
- Classes are delivered in Central Time Zone and class times are notated on each course link.
- Corporate discounts are applied in the cart/checkout.
42 Hours | 7 Days or 14 Nights
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Data Analyst I Professional Certificate : Required
*Academic Unit eligibility to be determined by college/university in which you are enrolled in a degree seeking program.