Data analytics has taken the world by a storm. Data analytics helps obtain some insight from collected data. People use data analytics to improve their businesses and their lives. A data analyst collects and stores data on sales numbers, market research, logistics, linguistics, or other behaviors. They bring technical expertise to ensure the quality and accuracy of that data, then process, design and present it in ways to help people, businesses, and organizations make better decisions. The role of the data analyst requires the right technical as well as strategic and critical thinking skills to effectively problem-solve and communication skills to communicate data insights.
BID615 is taken as part of the Data Analyst I Professional Certificate. To complete the certificate students will also enroll in PYT100, TAB100, & SQL100. Click on each course link for more details and to add to cart.
- What is Data?
- Where can I find the required Data?
- Type of Analytics
- Introduction to Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science
- Analyzing Business Problems
- Communicating your Analysis
- Connecting Data Using SQL
- Data Visualization
- Predictive Analytics 101
- Learn what Data Analytics is and the skills that one needs to develop to become a data analyst.
- Understand the role of the business analyst.
- Understand the different types of data analytics.
- Understand what data visualization is.
- Learn how to interpret data.
No prerequisites. This course is intended for anyone wanting to learn about or perform business analysis types tasks in an organization.
Duration2 Days | 4 Nights
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Data Analyst I Professional Certificate : Required
*Academic Unit eligibility to be determined by college/university in which you are enrolled in a degree seeking program.