This course will prepare students to become a certified Scheduling Professional by covering the exam content and teaching key skills through hands-on practice. It provides a comprehensive review of Practice Standard for Scheduling, the current exam content outline, and the certification process. Students will find this helpful in preparing for the Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP)® certification exam or in the building of scheduling skills. The PMI-SP certification demonstrates a strong understanding of key concepts related to keeping a project on track, such as schedule strategy, schedule planning and development and stakeholder communications management. This course is also good for project professionals that want to advance their knowledge in scheduling or those looking to specialize in project scheduling or earn PDUs.
The Center's project management classes offer professional development units (PDUs). As a PMI Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.), Saint Louis University Workforce Center has been approved by PMI to issue PDUs for our courses.
Students attending this course will receive the book: Practice Standard for Scheduling and a leading PMI-SP Study Guide.
- PMI-SP Certification Exam Application
- PMI-SP Certification Exam
- Intro to Scheduling Management
- Schedule Strategy
- Schedule Planning and Development
- Schedule Monitoring and Control
- Schedule Closeout
- Stakeholder Communication Management
- Passing the PMI-SP Certification Exam
- Describe and Understand each of the Schedule Processes, their purpose and objectives, critical success factors, use of tools and techniques, and documentation of process results
- Learn to more effectively manage projects through the use of scheduling tools and techniques.
- Understand how to develop and monitor a schedule with or without tools as well as recommend corrective and preventative actions.
- Understand Risk Management principles and techniques and how they apply to the day-to-day management of projects and operations
- Prepare and learn tips and tricks to facilitate passing the PMI-SP certification exam
- Understand the application process of the PMI-SP exam and the exam process
- Review the content needed to pass the PMI-SP Certification exam
- Learn to use various scheduling methods, tools and techniques, in addition to data from the various formats of schedule models
PMI-SP ® Testing Requirements:
- Secondary degree
- 5,000 hours project scheduling experience
- 40 hours project scheduling education
- Four-year degree
- 3,500 hours project scheduling experience
- 30 hours project scheduling education
PMM100: Project Management Essentials and PMM300: Effective Project Scheduling and Control or equivalent experience.