Develop the skillsets needed to guide the delivery of value in a Lean enterprise by becoming a SAFe® 5 Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM). During this two-day course, attendees gain an in-depth understanding of how to effectively perform their role in the Agile Release Train (ART) as it delivers value through Program Increments.
Attendees explore how to apply Lean thinking to decompose Epics into Features and Stories, refine Features and Stories, manage Program and Team backlogs, and to plan and execute Iterations and Program Increments. Attendees also discover how the Continuous Delivery Pipeline and DevOps culture contribute to the relentless improvement of the ART.
Students MUST attend ALL nights of all SAFe courses in order to be eligible to sit for the corresponding SAFe certification exam. SAFe® classes are delivered by our Certified SAFe® Program Consultant partners.
- Becoming a Product Owner/Product Manager in the SAFe enterprise
- Preparing for PI Planning
- Leading PI Planning
- Executing Iterations
- Executing the PI
- Becoming a Certified SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager
- Articulate the Product Owner and Product Manager role
- Connect SAFe Lean-Agile principles and values to the PO/PM roles
- Decompose Epics into Features and decompose Features into Stories
- Refine Features into Stories
- Manage Program and Team backlogs
- Collaborate with Agile teams in estimating and forecasting work
- Represent Customer needs in Program Increment Planning
- Execute the Program Increment and deliver continuous value
Instructor-Led Classroom Training (2 Days/4 nights).
Participants of this course will be eligible to apply for 14 PDU's toward their continuing education requirements with the PMI (Project Management Institute).
Courseware authored by Scaled Academy.
Exam fees for 1 attempt at the SAFe® Agilist Certification are included with the course fees.
One year membership to the SAFe® Community Platform, with access to members-only resources such as webinars, workbooks, guidance
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience.
However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended:
- Attend a Leading SAFe® course
- Experience working in a SAFe environment
- Experience with Lean, Agile, or other relevant certifications
Duration12 Hours | 2 days or 4 Nights
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- SAFe for Software Engineers and Architects Certificate : 42 Hour Certificate
*Academic Unit eligibility to be determined by college/university in which you are enrolled in a degree seeking program.