Facilitate and enable end-to-end value delivery through Agile Release Trains (ARTs)—and learn how to build a high-performing ART by becoming a servant leader and coach—when you become a SAFe® 5 Release Train Engineer (RTE).
During this three-day course, gain an in-depth understanding of the role and responsibilities of a Release Train Engineer (RTE) in the SAFe enterprise. Through experiential learning, examine the RTE role in a Lean- Agile transformation. Learn how to facilitate ART processes and execution, coach leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in new processes and mindsets. Explore how to prepare, plan, and execute a Program Increment (PI) planning event, the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization.
Students MUST attend ALL nights of all SAFe courses in order to be eligible to sit for the corresponding SAFe certification exam. SAFe® classes are delivered by our Certified SAFe® Program Consultant partners.
- Exploring the RTE role and responsibilities
- Applying SAFe Principles
- Organizing the ART
- Planning a Program Increment
- Executing a Program Increment
- Fostering Relentless Improvement
- Serving the ART
- Continuing Your Learning Journey
- Apply Lean-Agile knowledge and tools to execute and release value
- Assist with program and large solution execution
- Foster relentless improvement
- Build a high-performing ART by becoming a servant leader and coach
- Develop an action plan to continue the learning journey
The following prerequisites are highly recommended :
- Have participated in at least one ART and one PI
- Hold at least one current SAFe certification
Duration18 Hours | 3 days or 6 Nights
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- SAFe for Software Engineers and Architects Boeing Certificate : 42 Hour Certificate
*Academic Unit eligibility to be determined by college/university in which you are enrolled in a degree seeking program.