It was once believed that intelligence was the metric that would determine a person's success in the workplace. Intelligence matters because it contributes to your ability to do your job. But intelligence is not the best indicator of whether or not you'll succeed. Your ability to understand and manage your own emotions, and get along well with others, has at least as much impact on your performance and effectiveness as intelligence. In this course, you'll explore strategies to increase your awareness of your emotions, develop your ability to manage your emotions, and improve your social skills.
This course is PDU eligible.
Lesson 1: Recognizing the Benefits of Emotional Intelligence
Topic A: Define Emotional Intelligence
Topic B: Recognize EQ's Impact on Work Experience
Lesson 2: Increasing Your Personal Emotional Intelligence in the Workplace
Topic A: Develop Your Level of Self-Awareness
Topic B: Develop Your Self-Regulation Skills
Topic C: Develop Your Motivation
Lesson 3: Increasing Your Social Emotional Intelligence in the Workplace
Topic A: Develop Your Empathy
Topic B: Develop Your Social Skills
Lesson 4: Practicing Emotional Intelligence in the Workplace
Topic A: Practice Emotionally Intelligent Leadership
Topic B: Build an Emotionally Intelligent Team
Topic C: Manage Change
Topic D: Manage Conflict
Topic E: Coach for Performance
- Identify the components of emotional intelligence and recognize how emotional intelligence benefits organizations.
- Assess and develop your personal emotional intelligence competencies.
- Assess and develop your social emotional intelligence competencies.
- Practice emotional intelligence in common workplace scenarios.
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisite skills for this course.
Duration1 Day | 2 Nights
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Leadership in Project Management Certificate : Leadership in Project Management Certificate
*Academic Unit eligibility to be determined by college/university in which you are enrolled in a degree seeking program.