Short Course | 6 hours | 0.6 CEUs | $495
It was once believed that intelligence was the metric that would determine a person's success in the workplace. Intelligence matters because it contributes to your ability to do your job. But intelligence is not the best indicator of whether or not you'll succeed. Your ability to understand and manage your own emotions, and get along well with others, has at least as much impact on your performance and effectiveness as intelligence. In this course, you'll explore strategies to increase your awareness of your emotions, develop your ability to manage your emotions, and improve your social skills.
This course is Professional Development Unit (PDU) eligible.
MGT160 is the second course in the Leadership in Project Management Certificate. To complete the certificate students will also enroll in MGT025, & PMM250. Click on each course link for more details and to add to cart.
- Lesson 1: Recognizing the Benefits of Emotional Intelligence
- Topic A: Define Emotional Intelligence
- Topic B: Recognize EQ's Impact on Work Experience
- Lesson 2: Increasing Your Personal Emotional Intelligence in the Workplace
- Topic A: Develop Your Level of Self-Awareness
- Topic B: Develop Your Self-Regulation Skills
- Topic C: Develop Your Motivation
- Lesson 3: Increasing Your Social Emotional Intelligence in the Workplace
- Topic A: Develop Your Empathy
- Topic B: Develop Your Social Skills
- Lesson 4: Practicing Emotional Intelligence in the Workplace
- Topic A: Practice Emotionally Intelligent Leadership
- Topic B: Build an Emotionally Intelligent Team
- Topic C: Manage Change
- Topic D: Manage Conflict
- Topic E: Coach for Performance
- Identify the components of emotional intelligence and recognize how emotional intelligence benefits organizations.
- Assess and develop your personal emotional intelligence competencies.
- Assess and develop your social emotional intelligence competencies.
- Practice emotional intelligence in common workplace scenarios.
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisite skills for this course.
Duration6 Hours | 1 Day or 2 Nights
Testimonials"The takeaway from this class might have been the most beneficial of the courses in this certificate. I was very happy to learn from [the instructor]. She was extremely engaged and knowledgeable and made sure that the students understood the content and could go forward with plenty to build on! Extremely happy with this course. Thank you for offering it! I would highly recommend to anyone looking for some emotional intelligence or personal growth insight." - Jessica N.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Leadership in Project Management Boeing Certificate : Leadership in Project Management Certificate
*Academic Unit eligibility to be determined by college/university in which you are enrolled in a degree seeking program.