Conflict within the workplace is inevitable, particularly within a demanding and unique organizational environment. Yet many are at a loss when trying to manage conflict simply because they haven’t been trained in conflict resolution. Within this highly-interactive course tailored specifically for working professionals, students will gain a clear understanding of conflict, as well as be able to identify their own conflict patterns. Students will be trained to manage disputes positively rather than responding to them on an emotional level. Practical strategies will be presented addressing conflict management, dealing with difficult behavior, and developing trust to minimize potential future conflict. Students will apply their knowledge and be able to achieve tangible results by the end of this impactful class.. Special attention will be given to mediation techniques for leaders. The end results: better work environment, stronger business results, and greater team performance.
This course is PDU eligible.
- Understanding Conflict “myth” vs. “truth”
- Recognizing Conflict Pros and Cons
- Choosing Successful Conflict Outcomes
- Your Conflict Resolution Style Preferences
- Conflict Style Application
- Facilitating Conflict - Creating Healthy Debates vs. Dysfunctional Arguments
- Leveraging the Power of Listening
- Powerful Listening Techniques
- Conflict and its Resolution
- Understand what conflict is and how it escalates
- Be able to recognize the five most common conflict resolution styles, what your most natural style is, and when to apply specific conflict strategies
- Increase positive interactions, through active listening
- Develop effective techniques for facilitating conflict resolution
- Strengthen team member trust and morale
- Become more confident of your ability to handle conflicts
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites for this course.
Duration1 Day | 2 Nights
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Leadership in Project Management Boeing Certificate : Leadership and Project Management Certificate
*Academic Unit eligibility to be determined by college/university in which you are enrolled in a degree seeking program.