The Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC), managed by the CMMC Accreditation Body (CMMC-AB), is a Department of Defense (DoD) program through which an organization's cybersecurity program is measured by their initial and ongoing compliance with applicable cybersecurity practices, as well as their integration of corresponding policies and plans into their overall business operations. By Fiscal Year 2026, all organizations providing products or services to the U.S. DoD must obtain at least a Maturity Level 1 certification under this program. This course will help you and your organization understand and plan for the impact of CMMC.
This course provides an introductory overview of the CMMC program for organizational decision makers. Business and IT leaders and IT staff might consider taking this course to learn about the CMMC Model to get a sense of what's required for a successful assessment, and the various ways they can start preparing.
Lesson 1: Identifying What's at Stake
Topic A: Identify the Threats and Regulatory Responses
Topic B: Identify Sensitive Information
Lesson 2: Describing the CMMC Program
Topic A: Describe the Rationale for CMMC
Topic B: Describe the CMMC Model Architecture
Lesson 3: Getting Ready for a CMMC Assessment
Topic A: Scope Your Environment
Topic B: Analyze the CMMC Assessment Guides
Topic C: Evaluate Your Readiness
Lesson 4: Interacting with the CMMC Ecosystem
Topic A: Identify the CMMC Ecosystem
Topic B: Describe a CMMC Assessment
Appendix A: CMMC Documentation and Related Websites
Appendix B: Useful Certifications for Cybersecurity Professionals
In this course, you will identify the key elements and potential impacts of the Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) program. You will:
- Identify the crucial elements that are driving the CMMC initiative.
- Describe the architecture of the CMMC Model and the rationale behind it.
- Use the Assessment Guides to prepare your organization for a successful CMMC Assessment.
- Identify the roles and responsibilities in the CMMC ecosystem and during an Assessment.
Course-specific Technical Requirements
For this course, you will need one computer for each student and one for the instructor. Each computer will need the following minimum hardware configurations:
- 1 gigahertz (GHz) 64-bit (x64) processor.
- 4 gigabytes (GB) of Random Access Memory (RAM).
- 32 GB available storage space.
- Monitor capable of a screen resolution of at least 1,024 × 768 pixels, at least a 256-color display, and a video adapter with at least 4 MB of memory.
- Bootable DVD-ROM or USB drive.
- Keyboard and mouse or a compatible pointing device.
- Fast Ethernet (100 Mb/s) adapter or faster and cabling to connect to the classroom network.
- IP addresses that do not conflict with other portions of your network.
- Internet access (contact your local network administrator).
- (Instructor computer only) A display system to project the instructor's computer screen.
- Microsoft® 365® license (which provides the Microsoft Office apps)
- Microsoft® Windows® 10 Professional
- If necessary, software for viewing the course slides. (Instructor machine only.)
All you need to ensure your success in this course is an interest in the CMMC program and how it might impact your organization.
Other CMMC offerings that might interest you:
Duration6 Hours | 1 Day or 2 Nights
*Academic Unit eligibility to be determined by college/university in which you are enrolled in a degree seeking program.