In this course students learn the fundamentals of cryptography, which is a necessary tool for protecting information in computer systems. Topics include security and cryptography, stream and block ciphers, symmetric and asymmetric encryption, public key infrastructure (PKI) encryption, public key encryption, hash functions, digital signatures, and digital certificates.
PSE100 is the second course in the Product Security Core Certificate. To complete the certificate students will also enroll in PSE050, & PSE200. Click on each course link for more details and to add to cart.
- Learn the concept of cryptography and basic terminologies related to key encryption
- Explain different types of ciphers, their classification, and operation principles
- Differentiate the symmetric and asymmetric key encryption
- Understand public key encryption
- Describe hash functions
- Understand digital signatures and digital certificates and protection against threats
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites for this course. Good math skills and a desire to learn about Cryptography are recommended.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Advanced Product Security Certificate Cybersecurity Track : Required
- Advanced Product Security Certificate Tamper Resistance Track : Required
- Product Security Certificate Cybersecurity Track : Core - Required
- Product Security Certificate Tamper Resistance Track : Core - Required
*Academic Unit eligibility to be determined by college/university in which you are enrolled in a degree seeking program.