Short Course | 12 hours | 1.2 CEUs | $850
Negotiation is a facet of everyday life. Mastering the art of effective negotiation helps us get what we want while simultaneously improving our relationships. This course will educate you on the four elements of successful negation techniques. Students will learn the steps, skills and tools you can leverage to gain consensus, defuse a potential conflict and negotiate win-win solutions. Interactive exercises will help you identify hidden “currencies” that will show you how to have influence over those with whom you have no authority. These skills will help you to negotiate powerfully with co-workers, team members, as well as your boss. Students will participate in scenarios demonstrating how to engage in “principled” rather than “positional” negotiations using a four-step negotiation process. Students will know the power of achieving trust in relationships across the organization and how to cultivate collaborative relationships. Exercises in troubleshooting how to “Get Past No” and how to deal with negative emotions will also be incorporated. The course will provide practical and effective negotiation tools and techniques.
- Identify approaches and methods to negotiation
- Achieving the win-win outcome using the four steps to positive negotiating
- The importance of “principled” vs. “positional” negotiations
- Assessing your negotiation style and identifying the style of others
- The three primary phases of negotiation: how to navigate each phase
- Techniques for successful bargaining
- Overcoming obstacles in difficult negotiations
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites for this course
12 Hours | 2 Days or 4 Nights
*Academic Unit eligibility to be determined by college/university in which you are enrolled in a degree seeking program.