Project Management is the use of principles, techniques and tools to execute projects effectively and efficiently. For most organizations it is a necessary competency which allows them to reach business goals via project deliverables. This 3-day course uses lecture, discussion and case studies to provide an overview of project management concepts and principles. Topics include the Project Management Framework, Process Groups, and Knowledge Areas. Specific issues such as project authority, leadership skills, and stakeholder communication strategies will also be covered.
- What Is a Project?
- Project Definition
- Triple Constraint
- Project or Operation?
- The Project Management Framework
- The Iterative Process Model
- Types of Organizational Structures
- Context-synthesis Understanding of a Project
- PM Related Terminology
- Establishing Leadership Authority on a project
- Project Management Process Groups
- Project Management Knowledge Areas
- Project Integration Management
- Project Scope Management
- Project Time Management
- Project Cost Management
- Project Quality Management
- Project Human Resource Management
- Project Communication Management
- Project Risk Management
- Project Procurement Management
- Motivational Approaches
The Center's project management classes offer PDUs and satisfy the Project Management Institute's (PMI)classroom requirements for the PMP certification. These courses have been approved by PMI .
PMIContinuing Certification Requirements
There are no prerequisites for this course