This 2-day or 4-night course is a comprehensive overview of Information Security covering the most relevant practices in information security today. In this class, students explore the techniques and methodologies used to configure, build, deliver, and troubleshoot network security. Topics include the role of information security in the enterprise, formal data classification, enterprise identity management, the components of comprehensive and layered security architecture, and the threat of viruses, worms, Trojans and improper configurations.
SEC100 is the first course in the Cybersecurity Professional Certificate. To complete the certificate students will also enroll in SEC200, SEC300, SEC400, & SEC500. Click on each course link for more details and to add to cart.
- Security concerns and Terminology
- Current IT Security Certifications
- System Threats and Risks
- Information Classification, Value and Analysis
- Online Vulnerabilities
- Infrastructure Basics
- Cryptography Basics
- Organization Security and Controls
There are no prerequisites for this course
12 Hours | 2 Days or 4 Nights
Testimonials"For a two-day course, I could not have asked for a better instructor. He brought his experiences working in the industry and incorporated them with the lecture." - Caleres
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Cybersecurity Professional Certificate (60-Hour / 90-Hour) : Core - Required
- Cybersecurity Professional Certificate with CEH Certified Ethical Hacker Exam : Required
- Cybersecurity Professional Certificate with Security + : Required
- DevSecOps for Software Engineers and Architects Boeing Certificate : Choose 60 Hours
*Academic Unit eligibility to be determined by college/university in which you are enrolled in a degree seeking program.