The CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+) course provides a 5-day, interactive, classroom-based review of topics and exam preparation. The CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner certification is an international, vendor-neutral exam that proves competency in risk management; enterprise security operations and architecture; research and collaboration; and integration of enterprise security. The course reviews all areas of the exam and covers the technical knowledge and skills required to conceptualize, design, and engineer secure solutions across complex enterprise environments. In addition, the application and testing process as well as key topics on the exam are covered.
CASP+ is compliant with ISO 17024 standards and approved by the US DoD to meet directive 8140/8570.01-M requirements. Regulators and government rely on ANSI accreditation because it provides confidence and trust in the outputs of an accredited program. Over 1.3 million CompTIA ISO/ANSI-accredited exams have been delivered since January 1, 2011.
In this course, you will analyze and apply advanced security concepts, principles, and implementations that contribute to enterprise-level security.
- Support IT governance in the enterprise with an emphasis on managing risk.
- Leverage collaboration tools and technology to support enterprise security.
- Use research and analysis to secure the enterprise.
- Integrate advanced authentication and authorization techniques.
- Implement cryptographic techniques.
- Implement security controls for hosts.
- Implement security controls for mobile devices.
- Implement network security.
- Implement security in the systems and software development lifecycle.
- Integrate hosts, storage, networks, applications, virtual environments, and cloud technologies in a secure enterprise architecture.
- Conduct security assessments.
- Respond to and recover from security incidents.
Supporting IT Governance and Risk Management
- Identify the Importance of IT Governance and Risk Management
- Assess Risk
- Mitigate Risk
- Integrate Documentation into Risk Management
Leveraging Collaboration to Support Security
- Facilitate Collaboration across Business Units
- Secure Communications and Collaboration Solutions
Using Research and Analysis to Secure the Enterprise
- Determine Industry Trends and Their Effects on the Enterprise
- Analyze Scenarios to Secure the Enterprise
Integrating Advanced Authentication and Authorization Techniques
- Implement Authentication and Authorization Technologies
- Implement Advanced Identity and Access Management
Implementing Cryptographic Techniques
- Select Cryptographic Techniques
- Implement Cryptography
Implementing Security Controls for Hosts
- Select Host Hardware and Software
- Harden Hosts
- Virtualize Servers and Desktops
- Protect Boot Loaders
Implementing Security Controls for Mobile Devices
- Implement Mobile Device Management
- Address Security and Privacy Concerns for Mobile Devices
Implementing Network Security
- Plan Deployment of Network Security Components and Devices
- Plan Deployment of Network-Enabled Devices
- Implement Advanced Network Design
- Implement Network Security Controls
Implementing Security in the Systems and Software Development Lifecycle
- Implement Security throughout the Technology Lifecycle
- Identify General Application Vulnerabilities
- Identify Web Application Vulnerabilities
- Implement Application Security Controls
Integrating Assets in a Secure Enterprise Architecture
- Integrate Standards and Best Practices in Enterprise Security
- Select Technical Deployment Models
- Integrate Cloud-Augmented Security Services
- Secure the Design of the Enterprise Infrastructure
- Integrate Data Security in the Enterprise Architecture
- Integrate Enterprise Applications in a Secure Architecture
Conducting Security Assessments
- Select Security Assessment Methods
- Perform Security Assessments with Appropriate Tools
Responding to and Recovering from Incidents
- Prepare for Incident Response and Forensic Investigations
SLU's CompTIA CASP+ Course Kit (included in the course fee):
- CompTIA Authorized Quality Curriculum (CAQC)
- Realistic Exam Preparation Software with over 300+ practice questions
The CASP+ certification is designed to follow the CompTIA Security+ certification or equivalent experience and the course has a technical, hands-on concentration.
Duration30 Hours | 5 Days or 10 Nights
*Academic Unit eligibility to be determined by college/university in which you are enrolled in a degree seeking program.