Bootcamp | 30 hours | 3 CEUs | $2,995
The CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+) course provides a 5-day, interactive, classroom-based review of topics and exam preparation. The CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner certification is an international, vendor-neutral exam that proves competency in risk management; enterprise security operations and architecture; research and collaboration; and integration of enterprise security. The course reviews all areas of the exam and covers the technical knowledge and skills required to conceptualize, design, and engineer secure solutions across complex enterprise environments. In addition, the application and testing process as well as key topics on the exam are covered.
CASP+ is compliant with ISO 17024 standards and approved by the US DoD to meet directive 8140/8570.01-M requirements. Regulators and government rely on ANSI accreditation because it provides confidence and trust in the outputs of an accredited program. Over 1.3 million CompTIA ISO/ANSI-accredited exams have been delivered since January 1, 2011.
In this course, you will analyze and apply advanced security concepts, principles, and implementations that contribute to enterprise-level security.
- Support IT governance in the enterprise with an emphasis on managing risk.
- Leverage collaboration tools and technology to support enterprise security.
- Use research and analysis to secure the enterprise.
- Integrate advanced authentication and authorization techniques.
- Implement cryptographic techniques.
- Implement security controls for hosts.
- Implement security controls for mobile devices.
- Implement network security.
- Implement security in the systems and software development lifecycle.
- Integrate hosts, storage, networks, applications, virtual environments, and cloud technologies in a secure enterprise architecture.
- Conduct security assessments.
- Respond to and recover from security incidents.
Performing Risk Management Activities
- Explain Risk Assessment Methods
- Summarize the Risk Life Cycle
- Access and Mitigate Vendor Risk
Summarizing Governance & Compliance Strategies
- Identifying Critical Data Assets
- Compare and Contrast Regulation, Accreditation, and Standards
- Explain Legal Considerations & Contract Types
Implementing Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery
- Explain the Role of Business Impact Analysis
- Assess Disaster Recovery Plans
- Explain Testing and Readiness Activities
Identifying Infrastructure Services
- Explain Critical Network Services
- Explain Defensible Network Design
- Implement Durable Infrastructures
Performing Software Integration
- Explain Secure Integration Activities
- Assess Software Development Activities
- Analyze Access Control Models & Best Practices
- Analyze Development Models & Best Practices
Explain Virtualization, Cloud, and Emerging Technology
- Explain Virtualization and Cloud Technology
- Explain Emerging Technologies
Exploring Secure Configurations and System Hardening
- Analyze Enterprise Mobility Protections
- Implement Endpoint Protection
Understanding Security Considerations of Cloud and Specialized Platforms
- Understand Impacts of Cloud Technology Adoption
- Explain Security Concerns for Sector-Specific Technologies
- Implementing Hashing and Symmetric Algorithms
- Implementing Appropriate Asymmetric Algorithms and Protocols
Implementing Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
- Analyze Objectives of Cryptography and Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
- Implementing Appropriate PKI Solutions
Understanding Threat and Vulnerability Management Activities
- Explore Threat and Vulnerability Management Concepts
- Explain Vulnerability and Penetration Test Methods
- Explain Technologies Designed to Reduce Risk
Developing Incident Response Capabilities
- Analyzing and Mitigating Vulnerabilities
- Identifying and Responding to Indicators of Compromise
- Exploring Digital Forensic Concepts
SLU's CompTIA CASP+ Course Kit (included in the course fee):
- CompTIA Authorized Quality Curriculum (CAQC)
- Realistic Exam Preparation Software with over 300+ practice questions
The CASP+ certification is designed to follow the CompTIA Security+ certification or equivalent experience and the course has a technical, hands-on concentration.
Duration30 Hours | 5 Days or 10 Nights
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Cybersecurity and Product Security Upskilling Certificate 2023 : 60 Hour Certificate
*Academic Unit eligibility to be determined by college/university in which you are enrolled in a degree seeking program.