Lean Six Sigma Green Belts work to improve quality and reduce defects in organizational processes. Six Sigma Green Belt practitioners need a solid understanding of the DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, and Control) process and an understanding of how process changes can be implemented. This course focuses on the strategies and tools needed for Green Belts to help them successfully follow the DMAIC process and become successful project leaders characteristic of their role. Process improvement and the body of knowledge for the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification will be covered.
In this course, students learn to lead the project team for continuous improvement using Lean Six Sigma methodologies. They look at Critical to Quality characteristics like costs and Process alignment. These critical quality elements are based on the project return on investment (ROI), customer needs, and business needs. They use the DMAIC method to develop and deploy a process improvement plan. Students learn what is involved in each stage of DMAIC, what tools can be used, and how to implement these tools. Students also learn about the Lean processes and how they can be used in conjunction with a Six Sigma project as well as exploring key practices, statistical tools, and the DMAIC model to identify business improvement projects.
- Six Sigma Defined
- Six Sigma and the DMAIC model
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Green Belts
- Project and Change Management
- Starting a Project
- Voice of the Customer
- Project Benefit Assessment
- Critical to Flowdown
- Process Mapping and Capability
- Data Collection
- Basic Statistics
- Measurement System Analysis
- Rolled Throughput Yield
- Sigma Values
- Risk Assessment and Management
- Cause and Effect/Fishbone Diagram
- Graphical Analysis
- Multi-Vari Charts
- Central Limit Theorem
- Confidence Intervals
- Hypothesis Testing
- Correlation and Regression
- Solution Selection
- Failure Mode and Effects Analysis
- Piloting Solutions
- Control Charts and Plan
- Learn to use Lean Six Sigma skills to lead successful process improvement projects.
- Understand how to relate Lean Six Sigma concepts to the overall business mission and objectives.
- Understand and apply the five-step DMAIC model as a framework to organize process improvement activity.
- Understand and use a wide range of process improvement techniques within the DMAIC model.
- Identify organizational factors that are necessary groundwork for a successful Lean Six Sigma project.
This class is designed for those individuals seeking to learn Lean Six Sigma skills or preparing to test for a Six Sigma Green Belt certification exam. Some prior experience with Excel is recommended.
30 Hours | 5 Days or 10 Nights