Course DescriptionThis course provides a comprehensive review of the Project Management Institute’s Professional in Business Analysis® domains and certification process. Students will find this helpful in preparing for the PMI-PBA® certification examination or in the solidification of their knowledge and understanding of the role requirements play in project success. Other topics include the application and testing process for PMI-PBA® as well as key test topics such as analysis, planning, and needs assessment.
- PMI-PBA® Certification Exam
- Qualifications for the Exam
- Materials used to study for the Exam
- Application Process
- Examination Process
- Study Plan for the Exam
- Process Chart
- Formulas to Know for the Exam
- Techniques for taking the Exam
- Common Errors and Pitfalls
- Review of the Exam Content Outline
- PMI-PBA® Foundations
- Needs Assessment
- Traceability and Monitoring
- Final Tips
The project management classes offer PDUs and satisfy the Project Management Institute's (PMI)® classroom requirements for the PMI-PBA® certification. These courses have been approved by PMI®. Class textbooks included in course fee. Textbooks distributed in first course meeting. Prerequisite: Industry experience with Business Analysis and Project Management practices.
PMI-PBA® Testing Requirements:
- High school diploma, 7500 hours business analysis experience, 2000 hours working on project teams, and 35 hours of education in business analysis
- Bachelor’s degree, 4500 hours business analysis experience, 2000 hours working on project teams, and 35 hours of education in business analysis
- Project experience can include your business analysis experience. A current PMP®® or PgMP®® will satisfy this requirement but is not required for the PMI-PBA®.
Business Analyst Essentials, Gathering, Analyzing and Communicating Requirements, Business Process Improvements, Business Process Modeling or equivalent experience. Students are encouraged to review PMI’s requirements for sitting for the PMI-PBA® also.
Duration30 Hours | 5 Days or 10 Nights
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Business Analysis Advanced : Required