This is a rapid introduction to NumPy, pandas and matplotlib for experienced Python programmers who are new to those libraries. Students will learn to use NumPy to work with arrays and matrices of numbers; learn to work with pandas to analyze data; and learn to work with matplotlib from within pandas.
PYT300 is the third course in the Python Programming Certificate. To complete the certificate students will also enroll in PYT100, & PYT200. Click on each course link for more details and to add to cart.
- One-dimensional Arrays
- Multi-dimensional Arrays
- Getting Basic Information about an Array
- NumPy Arrays Compared to Python Lists
- Universal Functions
- Modifying Parts of an Array
- Adding a Row Vector to All Rows
- Random Sampling
- Series and DataFrames
- Accessing Elements from a Series
- Series Alignment
- Comparing One Series with Another
- Element-wise Operations
- Creating a DataFrame from a NumPy Array
- Creating a DataFrame from Series
- Creating a DataFrame from a CSV
- Getting Columns and Rows
- Cleaning Data
- Combining Row and Column Selection
- Scalar Data: at and iat
- Boolean Selection
- Plotting with matplotlib
PrerequisitesBasic Python programming experience. In particular working with strings; working with lists, tuples and dictionaries; loops and conditionals; and writing your own functions.
Duration12 Hours | 2 Days or 4 Nights
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Programming with Python Certificate : 48 Hour Certificate
- Software Engineering and Architecture Boeing Certificate : 72 Hour Certificate
*Academic Unit eligibility to be determined by college/university in which you are enrolled in a degree seeking program.