Short Course | 18 hours | 1.8 CEUs | $1,495
Agile methodology has shown very high potential and has become more commonplace. As companies continue to adopt agile methodology to manage projects, project managers and team members at all levels need to learn to effectively implement agile approaches. Agile development requires more than changes to project management techniques, the entire project team needs to change their approaches and methodologies. In this interactive course, students participate in a series of simulations, providing an understanding of the agile process and practice implementing agile practices throughout a project life cycle. Topics also include adopting an agile mindset, and agile concepts like the minimum viable product (MVP), project envisioning, team velocity, estimating and prioritizing user stories, backlog and release, how to manage risk, effective techniques to identify key stakeholders and their success criteria, and best practices for leading agile teams.
- Develop a Basic Understanding of Agile
- The Agile Mindset
- The Agile Manifesto
- Agile Activities and Artifacts
- Exploring Agile Methods and Frameworks
- Forming Agile Teams
- Define the Project Vision and Scope
- Identify Stakeholders and Success Criteria
- Developing an Agile Team
- Create an Iteration and Release Plan
- Requirements and Estimate User Stories
- Prioritize User Stories
- Product Backlog
- Product Road Map
- Estimation and Velocity
- Release Planning
- Story Review
- Iteration Planning, Execution and Review
- Identify and Manage Project Risk
- Plan Communication
- Add or Modify Stories in the Backlog
- Manage Impediments
- Interface with Teams that use Other Development Methodologies
- Close Out a Project
Additional InformationThis course is Professional Development Unit (PDU) eligible.
There are no prerequisites for this class although we recommend PMM100 Project Management Essentials or equivalent experience. Students in this course will be most successful if they have a foundational understanding of traditional project management tools and processes including project networks, budgets and schedules.
Duration18 Hours | 3 Days or 6 Nights
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Agile Project Management Certificate : 36 Hour Certificate
- Cybersecurity and Product Security Upskilling Certificate 2023 : 60 Hour Certificate
*Academic Unit eligibility to be determined by college/university in which you are enrolled in a degree seeking program.