This course provides a comprehensive review of security topics and exam preparation for the CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+). The CompTIA CySA+ is an international, vendor-neutral certification that validates the skills required to combat malware and threats through the application of behavioral analytics. The examination is considered an intermediate-level credential for cybersecurity professionals. The exam will certify that the successful candidate has the knowledge and skills required to:
- Perform data analysis and interpret the results to identify vulnerabilities, threats, and risks to an organization
- Configure and use threat detection tools
- Secure and protect applications and systems within an organization
The behavioral analytics skills covered by the CompTIA CySA+ certification identify and combat malware and advanced persistent threats (APTs), resulting in better threat visibility across a broad attack surface by focusing on network behavior, including an organization’s interior network.
In this course, students review the 5 domains covered by CySA+ including Threat and Vulnerability Management, Software and Systems Security, Security and Operations and Monitoring, Incident Response, Compliance and Assessment. Other topics include the application and testing process as well as key test topics and practice questions.
Due to a trademark issue, this certification's acronym was recently changed from CSA+ to CySA+.
- Environmental Reconnaissance Techniques
- Response and Countermeasures
- Securing a Corporate Environment
- The Information Security Vulnerability Management Process
- Common Vulnerabilities
- Analyzing Threat Data or Behavior
- Computer Forensics
- Incident Response
- The Incident Recovery and Post-incident Response Process
- Using Security Frameworks to Guide Common Policies
- Identity and Access Management
- Implementing Compensating Controls
- The Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Cybersecurity Tools and Technologies
SLU's CySA+ Course Kit: (included in the course fee):
- CySA+ Study Guide
- Online portal for Realistic Practice Exams
Exam Details CySA+:
- 85 questions
- Multiple choice and performance-based
- Length of test: 165 minutes
- Passing score is 750 (on a scale of 100-900)
Additional Note: CompTIA CySA+ meets the ISO 17024 standard and is approved by U.S. Department of Defense to fulfill Directive 8570.01-M requirements. It is compliant with government regulations under the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA).
Network+, Security+ or equivalent knowledge. Minimum of 4 years of hands-on information security or related experience. While there is no required prerequisite, CySA+ is intended to follow CompTIA Security+ or equivalent experience and has a technical, hands-on focus.
Duration30 Hours | 5 Days or 10 Nights
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Cyber Security Certificate - 90 Hour : Electives
*Academic Unit eligibility to be determined by college/university in which you are enrolled in a degree seeking program.