In this two-day course, attendees will gain an understanding of the role of Scrum Master in a SAFe enterprise. Unlike traditional Scrum Master training that focuses on the fundamentals of team-level Scrum, the SAFe Scrum Master course explores the role of Scrum in the context of the entire enterprise, and prepares attendees to successfully plan and execute the Program Increment (PI), the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization. This includes learning the key components of scaled Agile development, how Scrum is facilitated throughout the enterprise, and how to execute iteration planning. Attendees will also discover how to build high performing Agile teams by becoming servant leaders and coaches, and how to coach those teams to deliver the maximum business value that is achievable through SAFe. The SSM certification signifies that attendees are prepared to perform the role of Scrum Master in a SAFe environment, increasing their value to teams and organizations that are implementing SAFe.
Students MUST attend ALL nights of all SAFe courses in order to be eligible to sit for the corresponding SAFe certification exam. SAFe® classes are delivered by our Certified SAFe® Program Consultant partners. SAFe® classes are delivered by our Certified SAFe® Program Consultant partners.
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- New Scrum Masters who need to perform the role
- Existing Scrum Masters who would like to understand their role in the context of a SAFe enterprise
- Team Leads who want to understand the Scrum Master role
- SAFe Release Train Engineers who want to coach Scrum Masters on their role
- Introducing Scrum in SAFe
- Characterizing the role of the Scrum Master
- Experiencing Program Increment planning
- Facilitating Iteration execution
- Finishing the Program Increment
- Coaching the Agile team
- Participants of this course will be eligible to apply for 14 PDU's toward their continuing education requirements with the PMI (Project Management Institute)
- Courseware authored by Scaled Academy
- Exam fees for 1 attempt at the SAFe® Scrum Master certification Exam are included with the course fees
- One year membership to the SAFe Community Platform, with access to members-only resources such as webinars, workbooks, guidance presentations, and advance notice of upcoming SAFe products
PrerequisitesThere are no required prerequisites to participate in the SAFe® Scrum Master, class but if you are new to SAFe®, we recommend taking “Leading SAFe®” prior to the other SAFe® classes.
Duration12 Hours | 2 Days or 4 Nights
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- SAFe for Software Engineers and Architects Certificate : 42 Hour Certificate
*Academic Unit eligibility to be determined by college/university in which you are enrolled in a degree seeking program.