This course provides a comprehensive review of The SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge (SHRM BoCK™) and exam preparation for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification. The SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP credential makes you a recognized expert and leader in the HR field.
Topics include the SHRM BoCK’s eight behavioral competencies organized into three clusters: Leadership (Leadership & Navigation, Ethical Practice), Interpersonal (Relationship Management, Communication, Global & Cultural Effectiveness), and Business (Business Acumen, Consultation, Critical Evaluation). Additional topics include, the SHRM BoCK’s 15 areas of HR knowledge which comprise the technical competency HR Expertise into three domains: People (HR Strategic Planning, Talent Acquisition, Employee Engagement & Retention, Learning & Development, Total Rewards), Organization (Structure of the HR Function, Organizational Effectiveness & Development, Workforce Management, Employee & Labor Relations, Technology Management), and Workplace (HR in the Global Context, Diversity & Inclusion, Risk Management, Corporate Social Responsibility, U.S. Employment Law & Regulations*). The class also covers the application and testing process as well as key test topics and practice questions.
The class also covers the application and testing process as well as key test topics and practice questions.
- The SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge™ (BoCK)
- The SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP Certifications
- How to apply for the exam
- Testing Process
HR Knowledge Areas
DOMAIN 1: PEOPLE
- Functional Area #1: HR Strategic Planning
- Functional Area #2: Talent Acquisition
- Functional Area #3: Employee Engagement and Retention
- Functional Area #4: Learning and Development
- Functional Area #5: Total Rewards
DOMAIN 2: ORGANIZATION
- Functional Area #6: Structure of the HR Function
- Functional Area #7: Organizational Effectiveness and Development
- Functional Area #8: Workforce Management
- Functional Area #9: Employee and Labor Relations
- Functional Area #10: Technology Management
DOMAIN 3: WORKPLACE
- Functional Area #11: HR in the Global Context
- Functional Area #12: Diversity and Inclusion
- Functional Area #13: Risk Management
- Functional Area #14: Corporate Social Responsibly
- Functional Area #15: U.S. Employment Law and Regulations
Applicants must meet specific educational and work experience criteria at the time they submit their application in order to be eligible to sit for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP exam. These requirements are outlined at the below link:
Duration30 Hours | 5 Days or 10 Nights
*Academic Unit eligibility to be determined by college/university in which you are enrolled in a degree seeking program.